Monday, December 10, 2007

Open Office

OK, I tried Open Office today for the first time. I know, I am behind the times, but I have been hooked to that "other" office program and never had a chance to really need to use Open Office. I got a call from a teacher who had some questions about it. I downloaded it and all of a sudden I was surprised for the first time in a long time. Yes I find it has a few problems, but I can't really complain with the price. I know there are people all over the place who will think that this 'open source' software is full of bugs. Quite possibly it is, but that is the chance we take with open source. I've read a few blog posts today from people who are not fans of Open Office. That's fine. I understand that, but I am looking at the glass half full and think that if it serves me only 50% as well as my expensive software, then I'm fine with that. We all have to judge for ourselves. I am a fan of any program that allows me to create PDF files. Small techy things amuse me!! If you haven't tried it, give it a go. I am only at the beginning stages. maybe in a week I will be deleting it and never want to use it again. Hmmmm, I've wanted to do that with the "other" office program for years!

No comments: