Monday, September 29, 2008

Where Has the Time Gone!?!

It seems like yesterday I was blogging and then nothing. That unfortunately is the life of an educator who is trying to manage too many projects at once. However, I feel it's time to get back at it. There are so many things happening in the world of tehnology and integration that I feel I need to get back into it.

First; I went to San Antonio in June/July 2008 to the NECC conference. I have to say that it was a good conference, not great, but definitely good. I spent a lot of time going over the concurrent sessions that were offered and I was able to take in most of what I wanted to go to.

But the exhibit floor is where I found the action and ideas to be. One that really interested me was Inspiration or more accurately the Kidspiration3 software. I could go on and on, but the presenter did a fantastic job at showing how the product could be used in the regular classroom.

Now first, I am not an employee of Inspiration. In fact, up until NECC San Antonio I was not even a fan of the product. I had used it before (or thought I did) and was not pleased. The presentation opened a window for me to see how the software could be used in the classroom. Now I am not one to suggest watching advertisement videos, but this one may help you understand what I am talking about. Click HERE to see the Kidspiration "Quick Tour". The best part; its not all the expensive for a single licence and there is a 30 day trial.

I am in a software kind of mood lately so this is probable the first of many posts about software to use in the classroom. It's good to be back!

No comments: