Thursday, October 25, 2007

Conferences and Stuff

I was just at the ACTEM conference in Augusta Maine a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it was probably the best conference for the money anywhere. The focus, of course, is on educational technology and the sessions were for the most part excellent.

I have to say that the session that intrigued me the most was presented by Jim Moulton on project based learning. He really brough it home that we are not teaching 21st Century skills, but skills for any century. He went on to show a myriad of areas where teachers can engage students. The projects could be for schools where 1:1 laptops exist to the "one-computer" classroom. I was impressed with his knowledge and understanding of what it is like to be an educator in the classroom.

ACTEM 2008...A must see!

No comments: